Saturday 7 May 2011

Between Coffee Breaks and Canons from Sandcastles

I find myself abed and sick

With frictions of fever

Seemingly the stars claim

Ascendancy in the sky,

And I have been told to bid

The heavens for cure.



But even if these stars are vast,

Fervent With fire and

Countless In number,

Nothing accounts for their mad distance.



I find ivory flames

Staring cold back at me

And only this single

Candle's Flicker

Licks the air warm for me.



The discourse of days

Has taught me not

To wait

For dawns and hope

To a see a different shade of light,

But merely succumb to cycles.



It has been said that truth

Like light, must be broken

In order to be seen.

I believe it is the same with love

And other truths that are hard to discern

At a glance or are merely invisible



I remember in haste

What the afternoons were like

And I'm reminded

Of my broken watch

As I sat in the same spot

A stolen glance

Intrigued by your voice

If only I could remember

This familiar stranger

You remind me of the pain.

No comments: